Homelands of Tea - Kenya
This intensive, five day, training program covers the history, geography, development, variations, manufacture, tasting, evaluation and trading of Kenyan teas. This course offers both academic content as well as tea tasting training on the major tea types and benchmark teas of Kenya. It is designed for tea professionals, educators, or those who have a deep interest in learning about and increasing their appreciation of Kenyan tea.
Held in the ITCC Intl. Tea Training Center, in the beautiful Riviera Maya, Mexico. Following satisfactory completion of all course materials and the final exam, students receive a certificate of achievement from ITCC.
Program tuition includes all training by world renowned tea experts, all course materials, all accommodations for the five days and nights, breakfast and lunch each day, scheduled recreational activities and group airport transfers.
The 5 day intensive training program covers:
- History of the Land
- Unique Environment / Terroir
- Introduction and Development of Tea
- Tea Estates
- Varietals and Cultivars
- Propagation – Seeds, Clones, Grafts
- Tea Garden Management
- Planting, Irrigation, Drainage, Shade, Soil, Fertilizers
- Monoculture Issues
- Pests, Diseases, Weeds - Treatments
- Organic, Biodynamic, Sustainable Practices
- Standards – Quality vs Quantity, Machine vs Hand
- Labor Issues
- Types of Tea
- Processing Steps
- Types of Tea
- Evaluation and Grading
- Specialty Teas and Innovations
- Final Exam
Course fee: $995 per person ($795 for Members). Maximum 8 people.